There are many personal preferences when it comes to morning and night routines to ensure that you start and end the day in the right tone. But its absolutely vital to have a routine that will set yourself up for success and positivity throughout the day.
We have links below to share how those routines look like for some of the most successful people in the world. In the meantime, here is our recommendation for you to try. The challenge is not to try it for one or 2 days, it is to form a habit so that it becomes automatic, you may not be able to follow it consistently from the beginning, you will need a gradual approach and slowly get to those targets. The key is persistence and grit…
- Wake up at 6 am and make your bed straight away (this is your first accomplishment – it feels good). Don’t check your phone/email until you finished the morning routine.
- Go to toilet, brush your teeth, wash your face to wake you up
- In front of the mirror, visualize that you have achieved your goals, love yourself and say it out loud (I am a ski champion, I am living in my dream house, I am going to have the best day of my life…..). Affirmation talk.
- Change into your gym gear (get ready for morning work out)
- Drink a full glass of water (Room temperature or warm)
- Have 20-30 grams of protein (power form is good, mix with water)
- Boil water and make yourself a hot cup of coffee, the smell of caffeine is one of the best essences to fill your brain with the right energy for the day.
- By this time, it should be around 6:20 am.
- Sit on a chair/sofa or somewhere comfortable, and start meditating with the coffee smell in the background. Use the recommended Headspace app if you are new to meditation. Meditate for 10-20 mins.
- Workout time – either inside the home, go outside for a run, go to the gym and so on, get your heart pumping for the next 40 mins. Move those joints and muscles, get that oxygen in your brain, don’t think about the hard work, just go go go…
- After the workout, take a warm/cold shower and change into work clothes (even if you work from home, dress for the day).
- Time is now around 7:30 am
- Write the 3 most important priorities for the day and 3 things you are most grateful for in your life. Journal what you can do better today than yesterday.
- 8:00 am – eat breakfast and off to a productive day at work.
- (Let us know your comments of the above. If it works for you or not, good to hear your successes and stories….)
- After arriving home from work, change into comfortable clothing and have a good fulfilling dinner with family (No TV). Put your phone on the charger and leave it there.
- After dinner and networking on what’s going on the day, take a shower/bath for some relaxation.
- Time to do some productive work hours – dig in on a side project, learn a new language, do something creative (don’t watch TV). Around 1-2 hours.
- Charge your phone up to around 80-90%, set auto do-not-disturb from 10pm-8am, set alarm for 6 am and leave it outside your bedroom (or far enough from your bed so that in the morning you have to walk over to turn off the alarm).
- Around 9:30 pm, brush teeth and get ready for sleep mode.
- Write a journal or read a book for 30-40 mins.
- 10:15 pm turn off all lights and head to bed (if you wake up at 6 am the next morning, you will get close to 7-8 hours of sleep – optimal for peak performance).
- (Again, let us know your comments of the above. If it works for you or not, good to hear your successes and stories….)